The Internal Revenue Service released a new five-year Strategic Plan outlining goals to improve taxpayer service and tax administration.
The Fiscal Year 2018-2022 IRS Strategic Plan will serve as a roadmap to help guide the agency’s programs and operations. The plan will also help meet the changing needs of taxpayers and members of the tax community.
The strategic plan, developed with input from external partners as well as IRS employees, focuses on six goals that will help improve customer service:
- Empower and enable all taxpayers to meet their tax obligations
- Protect the integrity of the tax system by encouraging compliance through administering and enforcing the tax code
- Collaborate with external partners proactively to improve tax administration
- Cultivate a well-equipped, diverse, flexible and engaged workforce
- Advance data access, usability and analytics to inform decision-making and improve operational outcomes
- Drive increased agility, efficiency, effectiveness and security in IRS operations
For more information, go to https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-issues-new-strategic-plan-five-year-plans-goal-to-help-taxpayers