Filing your 2021 tax returns can be much easier with a little preparation. There are some steps that you can take now. Create a file of tax forms as you receive them, such as W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, Forms 1099 for Misc. Income and Form 1099-G for unemployment compensation. If you received Economic Impact Payments or Advance Child Tax Credit payments, add the accompanying notices to your file. Also add documentation for deductible expenses incurred during the year. If you’ve moved, avoid delays by ensuring the IRS has your new contact information. Here’s an IRS link with more details, plus a tool to use to determine if you need to adjust your withholding: 


Scroll to Top